In today’s world of teaching and presenting, we don’t always stick to traditional classrooms or meeting rooms. That’s why we need exciting and interactive tools more than ever. Meet JoinPD by Pear Deck – a fantastic platform that helps teachers, presenters, and trainers make their lessons and presentations more interesting.
In this easy-to-follow guide, we’ll explain what Join PD is and how it works. Whether you’re a teacher who wants to make lessons fun, a trainer at work who wants to engage employees better, or just someone who wants to create cool presentations, JoinPD by Pear Deck can help you do it. Let’s dive in and learn more!
What is JoinPD?
JoinPD is a platform that allows teachers to create and share interactive presentations with students. It is powered by Pear Deck, an educational technology platform that is known for its engaging and interactive features.
Why use JoinPD?
There are many benefits to using Join PD, including:
Increased student engagement: JoinPD presentations are designed to be interactive, which helps to keep students engaged and motivated.
Real-time feedback: Teachers can see students’ responses to interactive slides in real time, which allows them to provide immediate feedback and support.
Data analysis: They provide teachers with data on student responses, which can be used to identify areas for improvement and track student progress.
Flexibility: It can be used for a variety of purposes, including classroom instruction, professional development, and meetings.
How JoinPD Work?
The following is a basic overview for teachers and instructor:
To get started with JoinPD, you first need to have a Pear Deck account. If you don’t have one, you can sign up for free or use the basic plan.
Once you’re logged in, click on the “Create” button to start a new presentation. You can choose to create a presentation from scratch or use one of the pre-designed templates.
Pear Deck allows you to insert various interactive elements such as multiple-choice questions, open-ended questions, draggable items, and more. These interactive slides help engage your students during the lesson.
Customize your presentation by adding images, videos, or text to provide context and instructions for each slide.
After creating and personalizing your slides, make sure to save your presentation to your Pear Deck account.
Sharing the Join Code with students:
Display the Code: Once you’ve generated the Join Code, it will be displayed on the screen. You can share it with your students through various means:
Write it on the board: If you’re teaching in-person, you can write the Join Code on the board.
Share it online: Using your preferred online platform, such as an LMS, email, or messaging app, you can share the code for remote or hybrid learning environments.
Instruct Students: Make sure to instruct your students on how to join the Pear Deck session using the Join Code. They will need to visit the Pear Deck website or use the Pear Deck app and enter the code to participate.
How the Entire Process works is Outlined Below.
- Usage: Multiple-choice questions are effective at assessing knowledge and understanding. You can present a question and provide answer choices, with participants selecting the correct option.
- Benefits: They encourage active participation and enable immediate feedback.
- Usage: Text slides are ideal for providing information, context, or instructions. You can use them to introduce a topic, explain key concepts, or give directions.
- Benefits: They help structure your presentation and ensure clarity in your messaging.
- Usage: Numeric draggable items are excellent for math-related activities. You can create equations or numerical challenges, and participants can drag numbers to solve problems.
- Benefits: They make math interactive and promote problem-solving skills.
- Usage: Drawing slides allow participants to express themselves visually. These are valuable for art classes, brainstorming, or illustrating concepts.
- Benefits: They promote creativity and visual learning.
- Usage: Draggable slides are versatile for sorting, matching, or categorizing activities. Participants can drag items into the correct groups or order them.
- Benefits: They facilitate hands-on engagement and critical thinking.
Short Answer Questions:
- Usage: Short answer questions encourage participants to provide brief written responses. They are useful for open-ended discussions or assessments.
- Benefits: They promote critical thinking and communication skills.
- Usage: Number response slides allow participants to input numerical answers. They can be used for math problems, data analysis, or quantitative assessments.
- Benefits: They facilitate numeric comprehension and calculation.
- Usage: Website screenshot slides enable you to capture and share web content within your presentation. This is helpful for web research or demonstrating online resources.
- Benefits: They provide real-time access to web content without leaving the presentation.
- Usage: Audio slides let you add voice recordings to your presentation. They are valuable for providing explanations, narration, language learning, or audio-based activities.
- Benefits: They enhance auditory learning and make presentations more dynamic.
- Usage: Video slides allow you to embed video clips within your presentation. Videos can be educational, illustrative, or motivational.
- Benefits: They cater to visual and auditory learners and provide engaging multimedia content.
- Usage: Website slides permit you to display live web content in your presentation. This is useful for real-time web exploration or showcasing online tools and resources.
- Benefits: They enable interactive web browsing within the presentation.
- Usage: YouTube slides let you embed YouTube videos directly into your presentation for seamless playback.
- Benefits: They facilitate easy integration of video content for diverse learning experiences.
- Usage: Image slides allow you to display pictures, diagrams, charts, or illustrations to support your presentation.
- Benefits: They enhance visual understanding and can make complex topics more accessible.
- Usage: PDF slides enable you to include PDF documents within your presentation, making it easy to share reports, articles, or reference materials.
- Benefits: During your presentation, they provide detailed information and reference materials.
- Usage: Flashcard Factory is an engaging feature within Pear Deck for collaborative creation of vocabulary flashcards. Participants can contribute to building vocabulary knowledge.
- Benefits: It promotes active participation and vocabulary retention through collaboration.
Use Cases for JoinPD – Where You Can Use It:
- Classroom Instruction: You can use Join PD for teaching in your regular classroom. It makes lessons more interesting and helps you connect with your students.
- Professional Development: Join PD is useful for training and learning in the workplace. It keeps employees engaged and helps them learn new skills.
- Meetings: In meetings, JoinPD can make presentations interactive. It’s a great way to share ideas and get everyone involved.
- Workshops: When you conduct workshops, Join PD can be a valuable tool. It keeps participants engaged and helps them learn actively.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ve unraveled the world of Join PD by Pear Deck, exploring what it is and how it works to revolutionize teaching and presentations. JoinPD offers a platform for interactive learning and dynamic presentations.
Through enhanced engagement, real-time feedback, and data-driven insights, it benefits both teachers and students.