Have you ever experienced a moment of confusion when your Instagram messages suddenly turned black, leaving you wondering what went wrong? It can be frustrating when a trustworthy communication platform like Instagram starts behaving strangely.
The Instagram app comes in one of the biggest social media platforms. There are thousands of users present who communicate with each other via its messenger.
But a few of them are facing problems they have never encountered before. Their Instagram messages blacked out due to some bugs. As you can expect, with all applications, there are some bugs.
However, whether you’re facing this issue or are simply curious about how to fix it, this blog will provide you with the answers.
Let’s explore together the possible reasons behind Why are messages blacked out on Instagram
and discover practical steps to resolve this mysterious problem. So Let’s get started!
What do Instagram messages blacked out mean?
You may be facing a frustrating issue on Instagram where your messages and DMs cover with irritating black or gray boxes. It makes it invisible and unreadable to you.
However, this problem emerged after a recent Instagram update. It affects users universally, regardless of their internet connection, cell phone provider, or operating system. As a result, the entire chat experience is disrupted, with messages turning black and conversations becoming impossible to follow. Instagram must address this widespread issue and provide a fix to restore the functionality and readability of users’ messages.
What are the main reasons that cause Instagram messages blacked out?
After knowing what it means, you may want to know the reasons, Why are messages blacked out on Instagram?
Turning Instagram messages black is an irritating situation. Following factors can cause this issue.
The Instagram server may be experiencing problems, leading to the blacking out of messages. In such cases, the issue is not specific to your account but affects multiple users.
Glitches or Bugs:
Like any other app, Instagram can encounter glitches or bugs that affect its functionality. These technical issues can cause messages to appear black or unreadable.
Outdated app Version:
Using an outdated version of the Instagram app may result in compatibility issues or display glitches. Updating to the latest version can resolve such problems.
However, It’s important to note that the exact cause of turning Instagram messages blacked out may vary, and it’s advisable to stay updated with the latest app version, report the issue to Instagram support, or keep an eye out for any official announcements regarding such incidents.
How to fix Instagram messages black?
If you’re facing the issue of Instagram messages appearing black and looking for a solution, there are several methods you can try to fix the problem. Below are some quick and simple solutions to fix this irritating problem:
Switch the ON/OFF Dark Mode of the Instagram app:
If you’re experiencing the blackout issue where messages are unreadable in the Instagram app, you can try toggling the Dark Mode setting to resolve the problem. Here’s how you can enable or disable dark mode based on your device.
- Open the settings on your Android phone.
- Navigate to “Accessibility” and then “Display.”
- Toggle on the dark mode option to switch to dark mode.
- Open the settings on your iPhone.
- Go to “Display and Brightness,” there you will see the option of turning them into dark or light
- Tap on “Dark” option to enable the dark mode.
By following these steps, you can easily switch the dark mode on or off based on your device, which may help alleviate the blackout issue and make your Instagram messages readable again.
Refresh or reload the app
Another way to resolve the Instagram messages blacked out issue is refreshing or reloading the Instagram app. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches or display issues.
To refresh or reload the Instagram app, you just have to do the following
- First, swipe up from the bottom or down from the top-right to access the Control Center
- Then simply close the Instagram app and relaunch it.
- Use the app switcher or recent apps list to find Instagram.
- Swipe the screen off and close it
- Then open the app again.
Clear app cache
Sometimes clearing the cache of the Instagram app can also help you to eliminate any corrupted data that may be causing Instagram messages blacked out problems.
To clear the app cache of the Instagram app
- Go to your device’s settings,
- find the “Apps” or “Applications” section,
- locate Instagram, and
- then select the option to clear the app cache.
Unfortunately, iOS does not provide a direct way to clear the app cache for individual apps. However, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Instagram app to achieve a similar effect. This will remove the app’s data and cache, giving you a fresh start.
Update the Instagram app:
Unluckily, If still your Instagram messages are blacked out then ensure that you have the latest version of the Instagram app installed on your device. App updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can address Instagram messages blacked out issues.
To update the Instagram app:
- Open App Store,
- Then go to “Updates,”
- Navigate to the downside of the “Available Updates” section, and
- Tap “Update” next to Instagram.
- Open Play Store,
- go to “My apps & games,”
- Search if there’s an update available for Instagram listed under the “Updates” tab, and
- Then tap “Update” next to Instagram.
Reinstall the app:
If clearing the cache and updating the app didn’t solve the problem. There is another way also to fix this Instagram messages blacked out issue. You can uninstall and reinstall the Instagram app. This process can help resolve any underlying issues or disputes that may be causing the blackout.
Contact Instagram Support:
If none of the above solutions work, it’s recommended to reach out to Instagram’s support team for assistance. They can provide further troubleshooting steps or investigate the issue more thoroughly.
To contact Instagram support:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Go to your profile.
- Tap on the menu (three horizontal lines).
- Find and select “Settings.”
- Then look for “Help” or “Help Center.”
- Choose “Contact Us” or “Report a Problem.”
- Follow the instructions to submit your query or report.
Remember, these solutions are general suggestions, and the effectiveness may vary depending on the specific cause of the blackout problem.
FAQ On Instagram Messages Blacked out:
How to fix Instagram’s black screen?
To resolve Instagram’s black screen issue, you can try the following steps:
- Switch to a different internet connection.
- Update your Instagram app to the latest version.
- Close any other apps running on your smartphone.
- Report the problem to Instagram’s support team.
- Access Instagram using a PC or laptop.
- Log out and then log back into your Instagram account.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Instagram app.
- Disable the power-saving mode on your device.
- Clear the cache of the Instagram app.
These steps should help you address the black screen problem on Instagram and improve your app experience.
When are Instagram DMS blacked out?
if you are curious to find a better reason behind DMS blacked-out issues, then take a look at the following possible reasons:
- it might be due to the old version of the Instagram app
- Any glitch or bug could affect its performance
- Maybe the server is down on the Instagram app.
Can you read messages when Instagram messages are black?
No, you can’t read messages when Instagram messages are blacked out. It is because of an unnecessary black strip that hides the sender’s as well as the receiver’s messages on Instagram Messenger.
Does black Instagram messages is a temporary issue?
Yes, the Instagram messages blacked out problem is a temporary issue. Therefore You will be able to get rid of this problem. Just follow the effective ways like updating the Instagram app to the latest version, switching on the dark mode of the app, etc. Furthermore, the problem can be solved by the Instagram team if there is any technical issue.
Read More Click Here